Certification Information
Please note - this resource is currently being updated.

Follow these links for more info: ICRC, NAADAC

Licensing & Certification Requirements

Find basic information on a variety of state, national, and some international bodies that offer licensing & credentialing for drug and alcohol counselors

Notice: Certification Info is in the process of being updated. If you find any broken links/telephone numbers, etc. that are inaccurate, please contact Cindy Christy at christyc@attcnetwork.org. Thank you for your patience while we are making these revisions.

If you are a certification board and would like your information updated or changed, please send your request to CertificationInfo@attcnetwork.org.

If you are looking for institutions that offer a certificate, bachelor, master and/or Ph.D. program in substance use disorders as well as those that offer a concentration, specialty or minor in the addiction field follow this link to the ATTC's Directory of Addiction Study Programs.

Search by location for licensing, credentialing, and alcohol counselors:

Search by organization for licensing, credentialing, and alcohol counselors:

Search by type of certification